Finding the perfect eyewear can be daunting. But with Kosch's Face Shape Guide, you can confidently select frames that enhance your features and complement your style.
Identify Your Face Shape:
- Round: If you have a round face shape, you need to add definition and create angles. Angular frames, such as rectangular or square-shaped frames can help achieve this by providing contrast to the curves of your face.
- Square: For square faces, the aim is to soften the sharp angles. Opt for frames with rounded or curved edges, such as oval or round frames. These styles will help balance your face shape and add a touch of gentleness.
- Oval: Lucky you! Most styles work well for oval faces, so experiment. Most frame styles tend to suit you well, from square and rectangular to round and cat-eye frames.
- Heart: Highlight your cheekbones with cat-eye frames. Aviator frames can also complement your features by enhancing the width of your forehead.
- Diamond: Diamond faces often have wider cheekbones and narrower forehead and chin. The goal is to soften the strong features and create balane. Rimless or oval frames can help achieve this by minimizing the emphasis on the cheekbones and reducing the overall angularity.
Consider Size and Proportion:
- Larger Frames: Larger faces with/or prominent features should opt for larger frames. Oversized frames or chunkier styles can create a balanced look.
- Smaller Frames: For those with petite features or smaller faces, it’s best to choose frames that are propotionate. Opt for smaller frames that won’t overwhelm your facial structure.
- The KOSCH chart provides size guidelines for eyeglasses and sunglasses, with small sizes ranging up to 50mm, medium sizes ranging from 51mm to 54mm for eyeglasses and 56mm to 64mm for sunglasses, and large sizes starting at 55mm for eyeglasses and 65mm for sunglasses.
Choose the Perfect Color:
- Skin Tone: Consider whether your skin has warm, cool, or neutral undertones. Generally warm skin tones pair with warm colours. Cool skin tones can be complemented by colours like silver, black or jewel tones. Neutral skin tones have a balanced mix of warm and cool undertones.
- Hair Colour: Hair colour can also play a role in frame selection. Dark hair can be complemented by bold or contrasting frame colours to create a striking look. Lighter hair shades may work well with softer or more natural frame colours.
Remember, eyewear is both functional and a fashion statement. Use Kosch's guide to confidently find eyewear that enhances your overall look.